Saturday, March 29, 2008

Central Air

The house had a large broken window air unit in the front room and a small one in the kitchen window when I got it. Aside from being ugly, they also blocked a lot of light from the room. I had central air installed. Another "2 days" estimate. It only took 4 so it wasn't too bad and these guys cleaned up after themselves.
They also offered to come back after their next j0b, already lined up, was done and if the job left unfinished by someone else (some sheetrocking) hadn't been completed they said they could and would do it. Isn't that nice! Well, whoever does it I plan to watch and learn. Maybe I'll just do the rest of the rooms myself...

1 comment:

Jon K said...

Sheetrock is tough to do right. I have done a little, and it is easier than plastering, but finish work can look real bad if you don't know what you're doing.

Do you have a basement? Basements are a good place to practice new skills and techniques. I have a friend who taught himself how to do curved drywalling in his basement.